A remote demonstration is a method woodturners from around the world can use to connect to woodturners via the internet in a private online meeting room. With two-way camera and audio connections, visual and verbal interaction is possible whether participants join from your club meeting location or their own homes. Read on for how Martin can bring the Hampshire Sheen Excellence in Finishing Course to your house.
Enjoying a remote demonstration should be as enjoyable as watching one in person, with as much interaction as possible.
Martin understands that a quality visual and audio experience is necessary for an excellent presentation and has invested in a permanent audio/visual set-up to present his presentations to clubs.
Using HD cameras, a crystal clear microphone, custom designed on-screen graphics for each demonstration topic and my usual energetic passion for woodturning, after you book you will enjoy an engaging, visually rich and informative professional demonstration.
The Hampshire Sheen Excellence in Finishing Course (online version) are presented using the popular and easy to use Zoom software and services. It is completely free for you and your members to watch, too
Keeping your Experience as Simple as Possible
Remote Demo Technical Stuff!
What you Need
- Zoom Software: For the best experience, we encourage you to download the free Zoom software. Click HERE to visit the Zoom website. When there, click the ‘Sign-Up, It’s Free‘ button and follow the instructions.
Android: Download Free from Google Play
Apple: Download Free from the App Store
- Internet Connection: A reliable internet or mobile connection;
- Connection Device: Any up to date computer or mobile device can be used to watch demonstrations;
- Webcam (Optional): If you want to, you can use your webcam so if you ask a question, we can see who we’re talking to!
- Microphone (Optional): If you want to ask a question, a microphone is needed. Or, you can just ask a question in the chat panel of the Zoom window.
- Audio Device: Speakers connected to the connection device (unless they are built-in) so your members can listen;
Before the Presentation
- Make sure you are familiar with how Zoom works. See below.
- 24 hours before the presentation, you will be emailed a special link to join the course. Keep this link private and do not share it on social media or with other people.
- Attendees names will be checked off the list of those booked, so it is important you log in using your real name..
- The virtual doors will open 15 minutes before the start time. Click the link provided to enter the waiting room. You will be let in shortly after you arrive. Please arrive on time. There may be a delay allowing you in if you are late.
During the Presentation
Remote demonstrations are a superb way to engage with turners from around the world from the comfort of your own home. As there can be many people watching there is some points of etiquette to follow:
- Before the course starts, you will be shown 2 short videos – One about health and safety in the workshop, and the other about how to get the best out of Zoom meetings. See below for the video.
- Keep your microphone muted unless invited to unmute it by the demonstrator or the moderator to ask a question.
- Webcams are great, but please turn it off if you are eating!
- Please keep typed ‘chat’ on-topic. Demonstrators and moderators can miss questions if there is too much chat scrolling up the panel. It can also be distracting for people watching on mobile devices where the chat panel is not always on-screen.
- If your connection drops out, click the link again to enter the waiting room. You will be let back in as soon as possible.
Connecting to, and Using Zoom
After you have installed Zoom and entered the meeting room using the link provided, your screen will likely look like this. Take a moment to familiarise yourself with the features available for you. Please note this screen may look different on different platforms or if you launch the meeting from a browser window (instead of installing the software) and not all features may be available. Click HERE for Zoom’s support pages
Here is a short video about how to get the best out of our Zoom meeting . . .
Please note we are unable to offer support on the installation of Zoom so please use their comprehensive Support Pages.
Ready to Book? Click ‘Select Options’ below.
Remote Club DemonstrationFrom: £250.00 inc VAT